- Oh Giles, the door's that-a-way, let yourself out please. http://t.co/rcDVyvO94T 06:00:23, 2015-05-19
- Oh what a feeling. http://t.co/6gWoPQYFbH 06:23:44, 2015-05-19
- It will also have access to the England’s top players for a range of new marketing and publicity opportunities. That means you Stuart Broad 06:24:28, 2015-05-19
- RT @MalaysiaCricket: Tournament favourites Kuala Lumpur begin their MPL campaign today against Sarawak. Follow the scorecard here: http://t… 11:49:49, 2015-05-19
- Two more years with WA and the Perth Scorchers for Justin Langer – http://t.co/Fk2phq6lgW 13:21:48, 2015-05-19
- RT @CAComms: MEDIA RELEASE: Debutant named in @CAComms 2015-16 National Umpire Panel – http://t.co/AIz60kKg8s 14:10:12, 2015-05-19
- The ICC Cricket Committee makes recommendations, not decisions, but suggested ODI changes look good – http://t.co/ZiQKKpz4tC 14:33:57, 2015-05-19
- RT @Mozzie21: Loved my time at Hyderabad & with the @SunRisers again this year. Look forward to the Orange Army getting bigger and better n… 16:19:32, 2015-05-19
- How much has Mike Hussey made per run? RT @theheraldsun: Cricket's insane salary! India's @YUVSTRONG12 paid $13,347 for each run in IPL 17:18:32, 2015-05-19
- RT @MalaysiaCricket: Sarawak beat KL by 21 runs (D/L)
Sarawak 270 (Faiz 91, Ranaweera 64*, Pavan 4/26, Manjula 3/38)
KL 135/4 (Manjula 60*,… 20:21:18, 2015-05-19
- RT @legsidelizzy: Excellent analysis by Andy bull. Is Loughborough an expensive white elephant? http://t.co/OSyyanEvmU 22:40:18, 2015-05-19
- One week of IPL to go. #hooray 05:34:25, 2015-05-18
- Today In Cricket History 18 May – http://t.co/J0KSOXW64M via @rickeyrecricket #tich 09:05:01, 2015-05-18
- Shane Watson to join the Sydney Thunder? That only works if he is not playing for Australia during the BBL sesson. http://t.co/h6tU088S70 09:35:31, 2015-05-18
- RT @MalaysiaCricket: In the MPL today, MAF take on Sarawak. Follow the scorecard here: http://t.co/SKD6zCSvU7 11:36:52, 2015-05-18
- Cricket news headlines from 17 May 2015 – http://t.co/m13wWT8BVC via @rickeyrecricket 12:05:00, 2015-05-18
- RT @davidwarner31: Thanks to all the @SunRisers fans out there for all your support this season. Promise to be better next season. #orangea… 16:28:33, 2015-05-18
- RT @crickettas: .@andrewfekete has signed with @HeatBBL for BBL05, details here: http://t.co/Ei60VfEUjZ 16:29:10, 2015-05-18
- RT @WisdenIndia: Unbeaten half-centuries from Stafanie Taylor & Deandra Dottin help West Indies Women beat Sri Lanka Women by 18 runs: http… 23:34:39, 2015-05-18
My full obituary for Richie Benaud is published at Medium.
The inspirational tweets of President Dave Cameron
Continue reading 48 Tweets To Make You Feel That All Is Good With West Indian Cricket
Just when we thought we had seen the last of Shane Warne’s bowling… we had.
Continue reading Abyssinia Warnie: The final break
Unfortunately, John Howard was not in the House when Shadow Minister for Environment, Heritage and Water, Anthony Albanese, gave the following solution for reducing greenhouse emissions, speaking in Federal Parliament on Wednesday:
Climate change is real and the threat of dangerous climate change is also real. What Labor would do is cut Australia’s greenhouse pollution by 60 per cent by 2050. We know that, if you have a target, it is like a one-day cricket target: you do not bat out the first 30 overs; you send out Adam Gilchrist to get some runs on the board early because it makes it easy to get to the target later on. That is what the business council’s Global Roundtable on Climate Change has said.
Allen Stanford’s multi-million dollar 20/20 extravaganza has become the latest entrant to the Pantheon of Cricket Vaporware – those would-be cash cows that disappear after, if they’re lucky, one outing, or if they’re unlucky – none.
The Stanford 20/20 Super Star match, set down between West Indies and South Africa for November 10 with a winner take-all purse of €3.9 million, has been cancelled. The reason will shock you, so sit down.
It clashes with an official ICC fixture. The West Indies start a Test match at Lahore less than 24 hours after the scheduled date of Allen Stanford’s brainchild.
I’ll defer to Caribbeancricket.com for analysis of the reasons and impact of the cancellation. Five million smackers for a twenty over-a-side slugfest sounds ridiculously obscene, and hopefully the lad from Texas will do something more constructive and less flashy next time… and I reckon there will be a next time.
Oh, the mention of vaporware reminds me to check out www.i2020cc.com for any updates…